Monday, September 18, 2006

A tribute to my Mama

Mdm Chua Gek Cheok, passed away the age 69 on the 14 September 2005, leaving behind her husband, son, 2 daughters, 2 daughter in law, 5 grandsons and a grand daughter. After being diagnosed with liver cancer, she had gone through tremendous suffering, she got thinner and also pain in her tummy. She was born on 9 August 1937 in Singapore and she had brought up her sons and daughter as a house wife and a florist. I remember when I was young I always visit her in the market at serangoon road but now it has become a part of the upper serangoon road fly over. I remember her as a grandmother who loves to care for others .She as taken care of me since when I was brought to into this world with very loving and sincere care. As a child I remember spending my holidays n weekends with her, and we have many things to talk about. However it was a pitty that after growing up I have less time with her due to my life asusual. I will miss very much her cooking even though it will be oily but yet it will be a dish filled with her warm sincerity. I think I will not be able to taste the Chili Crabs, Lao Ba, Hei Bi Hiam ,curry chicken and curry fish head she usually prepares. She is always concern if I have enough sleep, if I have enough to eat . 1 more thing she calls me Denny, because she can’t pronounce my name , but good enough.We will miss her...

No comments: